12v LifePo4 battery( Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries 12v )
A 12V LifePo4 lithium ion battery pack is a type of rechargeable battery that is commonly used in various applications such as small off grid solar power systems and portable electronic devices. It is a type of lithium-ion battery that uses lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) as the cathode material. Compared to other types of lithium-ion batteries, LiFePO4 batteries are known for their high energy density, long cycle life, and excellent safety characteristics.
We need to note that a 12V LiFePo4 battery is a combination of 4 LFP cells connected in series. The battery pack is equipped with a qualified BMS designed for 4S LFP packs. The BMS features could be different depending on the required application. The nominal voltage of a 12V LFP battery pack should be 12.8 volts.
Coremax is a China-based manufacturer that provides customized 12V LiFePo4 battery pack solutions and self-designed BMS to meet different industry requirements. If you are interested in an OEM 12V LiFePo4 battery pack, you can contact them directly for more information.
Coremax 12V LFP Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries offer the following advantages:
- Our entire battery range comes with built-in protection-circuit-modules (PCM) micro-computers that internally balance cells and provide protection against overcharge, overdischarge, and short circuiting.
- Our batteries are thermally and chemically stable.
- Our batteries are dependable and reliable without the possibility of lithium fires.
- Our batteries are 50% to 70% lighter than traditional SLA (sealed lead acid) batteries.
- Our batteries allow for extraction of >80-90% of the rated capacity, whereas an SLA battery only allows for 50% of the rated capacity.
- Our 12v Power product has a service life of 3000+ charge cycles at 5-10+ years with a shelf life that far exceeds the service life of many other batteries.
Our power products are used in various applications such as amateur radio, recreation, defense, surveillance, avionics, scientific equipment, communications, audio equipment, sound systems, and more. We offer capacities ranging from 3Ah to 500Ah to meet all your needs.
All our batteries are individually quality checked at shipment. All our batteries carry our True Lithium Capacity performance, ensuring what you see is what you get.
NOTE: These are Deep-Cycle Batteries for extended continuous use and should not be confused with High-Rate Batteries which are for starter applications only and not for extended continuous use.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact us.
Coremax affordable 12V LiFePo4 Battery Packs
RFQ about 12v LiFePo4 batteries
LiFePO4 batteries are different from lithium-ion batteries. While individual LiFePO4 cells have a nominal voltage of about 3.2V, normal lithium-ion batteries have a nominal voltage of 3.7V or 3.6V. Therefore, LiFePO4 battery packs with the same capacity as a lithium-ion cell will be larger, as it requires more cells in parallel to achieve the same capacity. The weight of a 12-volt LiFePO4 battery depends on the capacity you want to achieve and is normally heavier than a lithium-ion battery pack with the same capacity.
All LiFePO4 cells are “deep cycle,” meaning that they have the ability to be fully charged and discharged. The life of the battery will significantly increase if the depth of each discharge is limited to 80% of the rated capacity.
LiFePO4 batteries are considered to be the safest type of lithium batteries as they will not overheat, and even if punctured, they will not catch on fire. The cathode material in LiFePO4 batteries is not hazardous and poses no negative health hazards or environmental hazards. The life expectancy of LiFePO4 batteries is approximately 7-10 years depending on different products.
A 12-volt LiFePO4 battery pack consists of four cells in series, each with a nominal voltage of 3.2V. If the capacity of the battery pack is 100Ah, each cell has a capacity of 50Ah. Therefore, there are two cells in parallel, and we should have eight cells in total.
12V LiFePO4 batteries are used in various applications and industries.
Here are some examples:
Industrial applications: 12V LiFePO4 batteries can be used to replace 12V NiMH/NiCd/lead-acid batteries in various industrial applications such as measuring, mapping, and surveying equipment, detection and inspection equipment, and production equipment. The high capacity and BMS features make them ideal for industrial applications.
- General purpose equipment: LiFePO4 batteries can be used in various general-purpose equipment such as audio amplifiers, computers, portable projectors, etc.
- Solar: LiFePO4 batteries can be combined with a solar panel and solar controller to provide power for various solar applications.
- Marine vessels: 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 battery packs can be used in marine vessels.
- Electric vehicles: LiFePO4 batteries are becoming standard in electric vehicles due to their low cost, excellent safety, and high cycle durability.
- Off-grid solar applications: LiFePO4 batteries are also used in off-grid solar applications.
These are just a few examples of the many applications and industries that use 12V LiFePO4 batteries. When choosing a battery for your project, consider the factors mentioned earlier and choose the battery that best suits your needs.